Visa Olympics Intern
26 Sporting Events.
A once-in-a-lifetime internship at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
It’s the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity you’ve been looking for – the chance to be part of one of the world’s most visible sporting events, the London 2012 Olympic Games. As a worldwide sponsor and exclusive card and payment system for the Games, Visa – a leading global employer – is proud to offer a hands-on internship experience.
The internship experience will help enhance your skills in leadership, project management, problem solving, event logistics, and communications. In addition, you’ll gain a solid perspective and understanding of effective global event sponsorships and operations.
You will help deliver a world-class hospitality experience to VIP guests hosted by Visa throughout the Games. You’ll provide support on scheduled guest transportation, including directing Visa guests to and from events and offsite functions, and ensure that our guests have correct information for their daily schedules. You’ll also help operate audio/visual equipment in motor coaches and communicate event and venue information.
- Must have an outgoing and professional demeanor, as well as enthusiasm, outstanding communication skills, ability to speak in front of large groups, a can-do attitude, drive, and dedication
- Must be able to work long hours – approximately 10 – 12 hours per day, 7 days per week – in potentially challenging outdoor weather conditions
- Fluent in English, plus one other language preferred (Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, German, or Polish a plus)
- Must be a junior or senior
- Must have a valid passport*
- Must be available for entire event period
SportsMark, Visa's partner agency, will make final hiring determinations and manage onsite assignments. Interns will receive onsite training, staff uniforms (jackets and shirts), airfare, accommodations, a stipend, and per diem pay.
* Your passport must be valid until at least February 2013 (six months after your departure from London).
Event Locations and Time Commitment
London 2012 Olympic Games: It’s the tradition that touches us all, inspiring people around the world, fostering unity, and embracing diversity.
Approximately July 22 – August 15, 2012
Number of Internships: Four
How do I apply?
Juniors and seniors at our partner schools should apply online through their Campus Career Center offices. Partner schools include the following:
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Stanford University
- Northwestern University
- University of Denver
- Duke University
- Columbia University
The application deadline is December 15, 2011