Olympic Games Media Kit
Since 1986, Visa has been a proud Worldwide Sponsor of the Olympic Games and will be the exclusive payment services sponsor and the only card accepted at the Olympic Games through 2020, including the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and the 2020 Olympic Games.
In 2011, Visa celebrated its 25th anniversary as a sponsor of the Olympic Games and member of the IOC's TOP (The Olympic Partner) Program. Visa's commitment to the Olympic Movement, National Olympic Committees, national teams and individual athletes has been an important factor in ensuring the continuance and success of the Olympic Games. Visa has created a number of programs around the world to help sustain Olympic teams and athletes as they embark on their journey to the Games. Visa was also the first worldwide Olympic partner to mount marketing destination programs linked to the cities hosting the Olympic Games.
Visa also retains exclusive category rights to all 205 National Olympic Committees and their Olympic teams around the world. These rights include advertising and promotional use of Olympic marks and imagery from the Olympic Games as well as marks from the National and International Olympic Committees.
Our Olympic Media Kit will help you learn more about the business-building role that Visa's Olympic sponsorship has played over the past 13 Olympic Games
Visa Olympic Sponsorship (Fact Sheets)
- Visa's Sponsorship Portfolio Overview – An overview of Visa's global sports sponsorship portfolio that enables the company to increase global brand leadership, grow Visa transaction volume, expand acceptance in new and emerging markets and enhance preference for products and services.
- Visa and the Olympic Games – A review of Visa's Olympic Sponsorship since 1986.
- Visa Exclusivity – A look at Visa's status as a TOP sponsor and exclusive payment services sponsor and the only card accepted at the Olympic Games since 1986.
- Visa Celebrates David Boudia's First Gold Medal Performance with Real-Time Congratulatory Commercial (PDF)
- Visa Unveils Two Real-Time Congratulatory Commercials Following Gold Medal Performances by Team Visa Athletes, Kerri Walsh & Misty May-Treanor and Allyson Felix
- Visa Account Holders Contribute $1.4 Billion to UK Tourism Economy During the London 2012 Olympic Games
- International Travelers Spent $700 Million on Their Visa Accounts During Opening Week of London 2012 Olympic Games
- Visa Celebrates Michael Phelps as Most Decorated Olympian of All-Time with Real-Time Congratulatory Commercial
- Visa's Go World Campaign Generates More Than 28 Million Cheers Prior to London 2012 Olympic Games in 11 Weeks
- Visa Showcases the Future of Payments at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Visa Rallies Fans to Join Worldwide Cheer with Launch of Global Olympic Games-Themed Marketing Campaign - Go World
- Visa and Samsung Reveal Mobile Payments Application for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- New Visa Report Shows Lasting Tourism Effects of Mega-Sporting Events
- Visa Report Predicts Biggest Ever Olypmic and Paralympic Games Consumer Spend at London 2012 - €5.1 Billion Boost to UK Economy
- Four New U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Hopefuls to Join Elite Group of Athletes Sponsored by Visa
- Samsung & Visa, Two Worldwide Olympic Sponsors, Join Forces to Enable Mobile Payments
- Visa Extends Support of Paralympic Games Through 2012
- Visa Offers Opportunity to Win a Trip to Olympic Winter Games for Life
- Visa Launches First Global Olympic Marketing Campaign
- Visa Renews Olympic Games Sponsorship Through 2020
- Coca-Cola Canada and Visa payWave bringing innovation to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- Visa Canada welcomes two new athletes to Team Visa Vancouver
- Visa Uses 3D Video to Bring Go World Ad Campaign to Life in Grand Central Terminal
Images, Logos, Card Art
Go World Videos
Congratulations Michael - Download hi-res movie (.MOV)
To download, right click the link and select 'Save target as...'
Congratulations Kerri & Misty
Trip for Life Promo
Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego
Go World Screenshots
To download the images: left click a thumbnail above, right click the popup image and select 'Save picture as...'
A Look Back at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Visa and London 2012 – A brief description of Visa's vision for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Visa Sponsorship by the Numbers – A quantitative look at Visa's global marketing activation, on-site support at the London 2012 Olympic Games and Team Visa program.
- Go World for London 2012 – An overview of Visa's Olympic Games-themed marketing campaign developed for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Team Visa London – Complete global roster of Visa-sponsored athletes, including 69 individual Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, leading up to the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Download Team Visa Biographies
For fans who attended the London 2012 Olympic Games, Visa developed a list of ten useful money tips.
Download and print a PDF version of Visa's Money Tips Checklist
A Look Back at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Team Visa Vancouver Wrap up – An overview of the performance by Team Visa at the Vancouver Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- Visa's Merchant Program for the Olympic Winter Games – A review of the merchant programs that Visa has created to support the retailers in the Vancouver and Whistler areas.
For further inquiries, images or assets, contact:
Media Contact Information:
If you are a member of the media or analyst community and have questions, contact us for more information.